Monday 17 December 2012

RSPCA Young Photographer Awards

On Saturday I should have been at the RSPCA Headquarters in Horsham for the awards ceremony of the RSPCA Young Photographer competition. Unfortunately I couldn't make it as I was ill, but my dad went on my behalf and I was listening to the presentation through his phone! I had had two images shortlisted in the 16-18 age category, and then also a portfolio shortlisted. I am very pleased to be able to say that my two images in the 16-18 age category were highly commended, and my portfolio won its category! Despite not being there, Bill Oddie (who was presenting) congratulated me over the phone, which was a really nice thing to do! The images are below.

Zitting Cisticola (highly commended):
Weevil (highly commended):
Bittern portfolio (click to view larger):
Well done also to Sam Rowley, Owen Hearn, and Alex Berryman, all of whom had images in the awards. 

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Great work, Oscar. Sorry to hear that you were ill and missed the awards. It is a brilliant Bittern portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,I think your photos are amazing, and congrats. I was also at the rspca awards this year but yeah, really good pictures. Congrats! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, finally had a chance to look at your blog - amazing stuff! Very well done on the awards too - well deserved by the looks of it!

    ReplyDelete