Friday 10 February 2012

London Wetland Centre

Some more from the London Wetland Centre at the end of January. I was, as usual on the lookout for Bitterns and, as usual, I didn't get any shots of them! Anyway, I did at least get some other shots, starting with these Reed Buntings which were in the reeds to the left of one of the hides when I walked in.





When these had left and there seemed to be little else about, I moved on to the next hide. On my way I passed the cafe, where I noticed that there were a number of Rose-ringed Parakeets flying around the courtyard and inspecting holes in the wall.







As well as the Parakeets, there was also a Jackdaw sitting on top of one of the rooves.


After this, I moved on to another hide. Just outside was a rather tame Robin, so I lay on the ground and waited for it to get close enough.

Not a particularly original image I know, but one I like nonetheless.

In the next hide there were many ducks, including these three Shoveler which flew past.


There were also a number of Mallards, including this one which swam past against some nice dark water.


And just before I had to go, this gull flew past.


That's all for this time, but I was out today and got some nice Redwing, Snipe, and Coot images, so they will be appearing soon!

Thanks for reading.

2 comments: