Saturday 25 February 2012

The last of the ice

This is another from the backlog of posts which I have, and there images were taken at the London Wetland Centre just before the ice disappeared again.

The first image I took was possibly my favourite from the day, a Robin singing in the scrub. It's always nice when you take an image and barely have to do anything to it in Photoshop!


From here I moved on the the hide, where there were quite a few ducks in front of it. There was a small patch of ice to one side, which was frequented by a Gadwall, Mallard, and Coot.




Walking down the Thames on the way home, there are always plenty of Gulls around, and this time I decided to try and photograph some of them.

The last image has the colourful houses of Hammersmith in the background.

I still have a couple more posts which I need to do, and the next one of those will be the Bitterns at last! 

Thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. Some more fabulous shots, Oscar. Love the coot shot and the funky background in the last one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, yes I upped the apperture to f10 for the last one I think as I wanted more of that bg!

      Delete