Monday 15 October 2012

Foxy lady (or man)

The title probably gives away what this post is going to be about. For some time I've known that there are foxes at a golf club near me, but have never really tried all that hard to photograph them. This winter, as well as photographing the Bitterns, I am also going to hopefully start photographing foxes as well. I stumbled across a lucky encounter today; as I was finishing my round of golf, a fox trotted across the green in front of me. It didn't seem bothered by me, so I left my clubs to the side, and set off after the fox. I soon refound it sniffing around in the long grass, and so thought I would try and approach until it seemed bothered. That moment never came, as it was never bothered by me. I eventually sat down, and it came within a metre of me. Unfortunately I only had my 200-400 with me, and it was quite dark, so I was restricted in the types of shots I could get. Before too long, it had had enough, and turned around and disappeared into the trees.

To give you an idea of how close it was, here's a video from my phone. It's camera's not great, but it shows its proximity to me!
I also took a few shots of it:




 Thanks for looking

6 comments:

  1. The second shot of him/her walking towards you is a 'corker', Oscar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christian. I'm hopefully going to go back a few times to try and get some more shots, it seems too good an opportunity to miss

      Delete
  2. Great shots, Oscar. Hope you got a few 'birdies' to go with the Foxes!

    ReplyDelete