Saturday 3 March 2012

More from WWT London

It looks like there is only one Bittern left at the London Wetland Centre now, and so I doubt that there will be any more chances to photograph them before they migrate, so it will have to wait until next year. I heard my first singing Chiffchaff last weekend, and there is a lot of nest-building going on, and even some chicks!

Before I had photographed the Bitterns, I had seen a Goldcrest in the morning which popped up next to where I was standing.



While I was in the hide, small groups of Tufted Ducks always seemed to be taking off in front of me and flying over the hide, and I was pleased to see that I had got a couple of decent images.


And as I was leaving the reserve I noticed this backlit reed head,

and this Shoveler.


Next time I have some low angle Wildfowl images to show as I have found somewhere where I can get low to the water!

Thanks for reading

4 comments:

  1. Another great collection of images, Oscar. The pano shot works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oscar

    Lovely Goldcrest images and the reed head was a fine spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christian, yeah it was a nice bonus as I was walking out!

      Delete