Thursday 29 December 2011

Garden Robins

In my neighbourhood we have several resident Robins which always make good photography subjects. A couple of weeks ago I tried to coax one of them onto the top of out watering can by placing a small tray of mealworms on the body of the watering can before retreating to the cover of the house for lunch! Sure enough, while sat at the table, I saw the first bird come to have a look, and it wasn't long before it perched on the spout, before hopping down to pick off the mealworms. When it flew off, I grabbed my camera and concealed myself behind a chair outside and waited for it to return. Within 5 minutes it was back, and allowed me to get several images of it.



Here are another couple of images taken fairly recently of Robins.

No comments:

Post a Comment